Municipal state-owned enterprise"Kyzylorda Regional History and Local Lore Museum" of the
Management of Culture, Archives and Documentation of Kyzylorda region"
Address: The Republic of Kazakhstan, 460012, Kyzylorda city, Auezov Street, 20
Director: Bekmambet Bakhytkul Toktamuratovna, phone: 27-61-52
Deputy Director: Zhannat Daurenovna Akhmetova, phone: 26-32-52
Work time: 900 - 1900
Break time: 1300 - 1500
Ticket price: for adults – KZT 200
for students KZT 100
for children KZT 50
The Kyzylorda Regional Museum of Local History is located in the building of an architectural monument, built in 1953.
In 1939, the first exhibition of the museum was located in the building of the former Russian Orthodox Church, built in 1890-1895.
In 1980, by decision of the executive committee of the regional Council of People's Deputies, a two-story building was allocated for the museum. In May 7, 1985, the museum was opened for visitors.
The museum funds are rich in archaeological, ethnographic collection, a collection of jewelry, rare books and manuscripts.
The archaeological collection of the regional museum was replenished with ceramic tiles from the Kerderi mausoleum at the bottom of the dried Aral.
The museum has recently been paying special attention to the development of written culture, enlightenment and education in the collection of collections, and for conducting research.
The pride of the museum collection is made up of unique samples of books published in 1729-1920 in the ancient Turkic, Persian and Arabic languages in St. Petersburg, Moscow and Tashkent.
At the regional museum, the Akmechet Museum, the Korkyt Ata Memorial Complex, and the Art Gallery operate. In 2014, reconstruction was carried out in the complex Korkyt Ata. In the same year, after overhaul in the building of the former commissariat, which is included in the list of historical and cultural monuments of local importance, the Art Gallery was opened.
The fund of the Regional Museum of Local History and History has 53 538 storage units, of which 30 601 exhibits are in the main fund, 5000 exhibits are located in 14 exhibition halls of the museum.
The main activities of the museum:
1. Formation, study, scientific research, systematization of monuments of material and spiritual culture;
2. Propaganda by museum means (tour, stationary and traveling exhibitions, lectures and reports, scientific-educational conferences) of scientifically-based materials on the history and culture of the peoples of the region;
3. Work to develop decorative, applied and visual arts of the region, propaganda of the work of masters of applied art, artists, private collectors among the population;
4. Prepares for publication scientific papers, guides and other materials related to the activities of the museum;
5. Provides practical and methodological assistance to museums organized on a voluntary basis;
6. Museum funds are replenished by collecting and buying from individuals, as well as by exchange with other museums;
7. The regional museum provides paid services according to the approved price list.
Bekmambet Bakhytkul Toktamuratovna
was born in Kazaly town, Kyzylorda region (10/31/1960). She graduated from the N.V. Gogol Pedagogical Institute in Kyzylorda city (1983). She began her career as an English teacher in secondary schools No. 421, 96 of Kazaly district. In 1992, the methodologist of the regional Pioneers House, later worked as the methodologist of the education department of the Kazaly and Zhalagash district. Since August 2009, the head of the Akmeshit Museum of the Kyzylorda Regional Museum of History and Local Lore. Since 2011, the director of the Kyzylorda Regional Museum of History and Local Lore.